Sunday, March 1, 2009

Stranded in Denver!

I just finished 10 days of wonderful ministry in South Dakota. I flew out this morning with great excitement about getting home! I flew out of Rapid City this morning with snow and ice on the ground but without incident. I arrived in Denver and all was good only to find out that my flight delay problems were not in Denver as one might expect, but in Atlanta! As of now I am schedule to get home in 2 days!!!! I guess there are worse places to be stranded but when you want to get home, nowhere is a good place to be stranded.



South Dakota Ministry

I ministered at Dove Christian Center in Rapid City last Sunday twice. Pastor Gary Johnson is the founder/pastor there. It was a great day with the Lord touching lives and encouraging all of us. Monday I met with the Pastor and Elders of Dove Christian Center for about 4 hours. I give oversight to Dove and have been going there for over 20 years now. I flew out early the next morning for my 2 day trip to San Diego to see Tiffany. (See Tiffany Joiner Updates) I flew back from San Diego on Thursday changing planes in Denver. This is the 4th time I have been in the Denver airport on this trip! When I took off from Denver it was 65 degrees and sunny. An hour later we landed in Rapid City in 12 degrees and it was snowing. We left Friday morning for the Mighty Men's Advance in the Black Hills. When we drove through town the temp was "ZERO"! The Advance was a gathering of Professional Rodeo Cowboys from Texas to Colorado and other men from the here in the West. Timothy Stuen is an ex-bull rider turned preacher. He leads this event each year. The weather didn't stop this group. There were outside games of all kinds in the snow and ice with temps hoovering around 10-12. The meetings were powerful and filled with the enthusiam you might expect from men who practice a profession that only gives them 8 seconds to perform.(Bull Riding). It was fast paced, action packed and anointed by the Holy Spirit. The spiritual momentum grew with each service with men being saved, delivered and filled with the Holy Spirit. It was a powerful time. I enjoyed preaching to such a wild bunch!



It is obvious as I travel that there is a new generation being raised up that is hungry for God and zealous to serve the Lord with all their hearts. The other exciting part of all this is that there is a connection taking place between the young and the old. That is my burden of this hour. I want to see a smooth transfer of the baton from the older to the younger without a disconnect of the older. I see it happening in many places as spiritual fathers and sons are seeing great fruit.

Longing For Home In Denver!
LAJ

1 comment:

Eddie Taylor said...

Sorry...Enjoy the time....if you can. So appreciative of you!
ET

 test blog