Friday, November 12, 2010

Never Quit - Part 3

Once again, "I have never seen an active Christian lose who didn't quit!" You may ask, what about a person who has lost their home, a relationship or even has gone through moral failure. Is winning still in their future? Without question!

There are many enemies to this pursuit of never quitting. Pride is one. When pride is offended it usually wants to run, hide and quit. To remain steadfast takes eating a lot of crow. It is also a lonely place. Everyone runs to surround the winners circle but momentary defeat is a lonely place. I have seen men who followed my leadership look me in the eye and say, "I thought we would be further along by now". Before long they weren't around. Yet, in time I was able to see the breakthrough. They weren't there to enjoy it with me because they quit. Another thing you must develop is "thick skin". Men are fickle and we are all rejected at some time. Rejection can make you want to quit. Jesus was a man "rejected" Isaiah writes. Yet, it was the mission of the Father that kept him going. It wasn't the fear of man nor the accolades of man that drove him forward. He was free of man pleasing. No greater enemy can be found than the disappointment and discouragement that comes from a disappointed man pleasing spirit. Enjoy success when it comes, thank men for their compliments when they are given but quickly give the glory to Jesus and keep on track. Don't quit in success and don't quit in failure. Remember this, failure is not a destination, it is only a transitional spot on the map to winning! It is really a place of gathering more ammunition for the greater battle ahead.

If you are reading this and thinking, "winning hasn't been seen much in my life", please understand it is not over. You are in a very delicate and pivotal place right now. You have a critical, future altering decision to make...DON'T QUIT!

1 comment:

jehovah productions said...

Thanks Papa for the inspiration. I believe satan has unleashed hordes of lying spirits against God's beloved. I know that he has against me. Especially in the area of questioning my salvation. I am still having huge problems with that one, please pray for me. I still have anger come out and I say the most rotten things. I hate it and don't know why I haven't been delivered from that terrible bondage. Once again, your message has brightened my day. Give Teresa our love. Joan and Kenny G.

 test blog