Friday, February 17, 2012

Go Ahead!


In the last edition of this weekly blog I talked about expanding our effectiveness by actually taking God at His Word and acting like what he said about us is true! If you didn't catch that blog it might be well to read it first.  Then come back to this one.  


Years ago a prominent international evangelist, (my good friend, Dan Duke) and I were talking.  I had only been in my new ministry assignment about a year.  I was pioneering a new church.  Evidently he saw some cautiousness in me and my ministry approach.  This guy was wild and courageous in ministry.  I don't mean he was weird, he was just much more aggressive than me.  When I found myself ministering at the same conference I felt intimidated and a little inadequate.  His boldness made me uncomfortable, yet I liked it somehow.  "Oh well, I thought, we are just different".  But what if that wasn't it.  What if he had something that was beyond personality? What if what I saw in him was really more of what the Lord wanted to see in me?  We talked a bit and when he departed he spoke to me.  Those words stirred me then and they still stir me today.  He said, "why don't you just go ahead and take that city for God!"  His comments challenged me, moved me, embarrassed me and even angered me a little! Yet they were anointed words that pierced my spirit.  They were like the surgeons knife that cut into a weakness with the potential to bring a new strength and out of that strength a new effectiveness.  


Last week I challenged you by saying that, often, we are not waiting on heaven but heaven is waiting on us!  Now I want to speak a prophetic word to you:
"Why don't you just go ahead and take your city for God?!"  Why don't you go ahead and make that business a success?  Why don't you take the first step toward the dream of your heart and quit just talking about it!! Go ahead!


Joshua 1:7 NLT - "Be strong and courageous, for you are the one who will lead these people to possess all the land I swore to their ancestors I would give them."

No comments:

 test blog