Thursday, April 5, 2012

Are You Expecting?


I just returned from Richland, Mississippi where I had the privilege of ministering all weekend at Restoration Church.  Pastor Freddie Brown had led his church in 30 days of fasting and prayer asking the Lord for "Breakthrough".  I had never been there before so I didn't really know what I would find there.  To my great joy, the congregation was seriously engaged as a Body in this faith venture.  There is a big difference between a pastor who announces a season of fasting and prayer and the people tolerate his plan, and a congregation taking ownership of the venture and actually expecting great things.  The latter was the case at Restoration Church.  The flip side to this scenario would be when a pastor announces fasting and prayer because it seems like a good idea, but his heart isn't in it.  Often about the only thing that happens if there is not a joint ownership by the pastor and congregation is hunger.  However, when both are moving in faith, as was the case in Richland, breakthrough happens.  I was blessed to stand in the pulpit and see a congregation hanging on ever word and expecting from God.  Pastor Freddie had expectancy in his eyes and heart.  Observing and experiencing this was not only encouraging but it was also challenging.  


The Lord has promised that if we "draw near to Him, He will draw near to us".  I believe there is a corporate application here.  May we embrace the Lord Jesus for breakthrough as a people and we WILL see breakthrough!

No comments:

 test blog