Monday, June 11, 2012

Suddenly!


It seems that God is the only one who can do things quickly and do them well.  Actually, He doesn't do things quickly either. Even the famous "suddenly" of Acts 2 was only suddenly to those watching.  God had been working and preparing for that day for generations.  God moves slowly and meticulously.  Every aspect is considered and every detail taken into account.  He's not on the clock!  Our rush to "get 'r done" is probably because we have an expiration date. (Earthly that is!) We would do much better if we learned from the Lord and got into His rhythm of doing things.  The old proverb, "haste makes waste" is one that continues to move around in my head.  Probably because it's neglect has cost me so much through the years.  I was thinking recently, "not many wrecks happen when you are driving slowly"!


Let me give you a formula that has come from many years of mistakes made by rushing.  Contemplation + consultation+ organization + application = realization.
It works!  Give it a try today and in the days ahead!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Brother L.A.!! Well said ! I procrastinate by nature...or at least that is what goes through my head all the time. I hear "You need to be doing something...anything is better than nothing...If you don't do SOMETHING soon you will miss your chance! All of these thoughts make me feel like I am prcrastinating. But after reading your last comment I have found the culprit....it's the second link in the chain which compromises the wole process...I fail at the consultation. If I have the assurance from the Lord then maybe I would move guicker or maybe I would even slow down the process and trust His failthfulness to guide me in the way that I should go. Thank you for your words of encouragement! Be Blessed!

L. A. and Teresa Joiner said...

Thank you Robin for the kind comments! We're all learning and growing! LAJ

 test blog