Sunday, February 3, 2008

Anticipation

Recently, I was sitting in a small group discussion in our CAM (ministers group) meeting. We were sharing the "dreams of our hearts" and the others in the group were encouraging and praying for our dreams. One in the group asked me, "what is the greatest hindrance to your dream"? It took me by surprise but immediately I said, "finding faithful people". My dream is seeing the church mature to a place of fulfilling the dream of Jesus' heart. To do that, we must find faithful people who put the will of God above their personal will and desires. More and more we live in a consumer driven society and church. At the center of that motivation is a voice that screams, "it's all about me"! It's really a bondage of our society from which we desperately need deliverance in order to see the Kingdom of God come to the earth.


The group began to share insights with me and then one person said, "you have been faithful but you have lost your anticipation". Then they compared it to my excitement about the upcoming arrival of my first grandchild. I had shared all about her at lunch that day. They said, "you need to live in anticipation that your dream will come to pass just as much as this baby will be born". I got it! I had made an unconscious decision at some point, that even though it was increasingly difficult to find faithful leaders, I would just do the best I could and whatever happens, happens. I have changed my thinking and my faith for the future. I am believing for those potential leaders who are willing to pay any price to fulfill the dream in God's heart! They are out there and we will meet. A major part of faith is truly...ANTICIPATION! Maybe you have an area of your life where you are trudging along in faithfulness with little or no anticipation. Maybe you have released the dream of your heart and settled for mediocrity. Join me with a new outlook and a new faith! Now, let's approach tomorrow with "anticipation" regarding the dream of our hearts!

1 comment:

Glenn Hatcher said...

You said it right: anticipation is faith for the future!

And as leaders we've got to teach people how to dream again - and then step back and let them do it! Their dreams will fill a room!

God's not just talking to a select few! This is not the age of Moses Up the Mountain, get the vision for the people below! He's speaking to everyone! It's part of our Holy Spirit heritage!

I'm convinced next-gen leaders are there. Looking for some room to dream and explore.

And we're looking forward to your new baby, too!

 test blog