Thursday, October 28, 2010

Never Quit!

Active Christians cannot fail! I didn't say, Christians never fail. As a matter of fact being a Christian doesn't guarantee success. It is the active Christian that always wins in the long run. The word "active" means "engaged in action". Being a Christian, we all know, isn't about inertia. For this blog I will specify that I am talking about being active in your faith and pursuing a Godly vision in life.

It hit me recently with great impact that I have never seen a Christain lose who didn't quit! I ran back my mental calendar about 40 years and I couldn't remember a single Christian who ever lost or failed that didn't quit. I couldn't think of a single one! Now, I have seen many who became discouraged and had a season of battle as well as setbacks. But for the one who continued and never quit, they always came out a winner in the end. You may say, "well, that didn't work for me"! I would say with all due respect, "you had to have quit". You gave up. You threw in the towel. I have always loved to tell people, "hanging in there is about 90% of it!"I truly believe it. I have been beaten by all kinds of circumstances. I have seen failure of projects, the loss of reputation, personal disaster of all kinds and yet, something on the inside would never let me quit! Of course that "something on the inside" is "Someone"! Jesus is the Champion of never quitting. Aren't we all glad He didn't quit at the cross. He didn't quit in the grave. He didn't even quit when He returned to heaven. He hasn't quit to this day and He never will! A major part of "looking unto Jeuss" is following His example of "never quitting".

1 comment:

jehovah productions said...

Another timely message Papa. The Holy Spirit has had me thinking,writing and encouraging others here lately about the same subject. Don't you love it when the Holy Spirit confirms something. Anyway, if we are honest, we all go through the valley. Yes, sometimes we stay in that valley a little too long and before you know it we have taken the thoughts of the evil one as our very own. Thinking of giving up, depressed, resentful and hopeless. That battle between our ears of giving up is becoming more intense. That is why we must hold tight to each other and encourage. Although the enemy knows the percentage of those who actually give up is almost zip, he is after something more important. Our Kingdom effectiveness. You nailed it real good brotherhood. I tell others to be on guard, cast down those thoughts quickly before they swallow you and become some sick security blanket. We love you and miss you. The colors were out of this world this year. Hug Teresa. Joan and Ken Gifford.

 test blog