Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Joiner Family Update - Good News!

We have Tiffany at her home!

After almost 4 weeks in the hospital, she's finally home and very happy about it. As a matter of fact, Tiff and I are on her balcony sipping coffee and looking over the Arabian Gulf. It was quite delicate getting the wheel chair over the 8 inch ledge but we did it. It wasn't as tricky as getting her up the 2 flights of stairs to her apartment! She made it up the first flight bumping along on her butt! (Her choice.). Then Teresa and I picked her up by the legs and under arms and carried her on up! We made it! This part of the world, with all it's modern buildings, is not handicap friendly in the least. Hopefully, we will hear today where she is going for rehab. She has told us that she wants us to take our previously scheduled flight home Friday. I think that living on her own for the last number of years makes her want her parents to visit, but not live with her! The therapists that I have talked with confirm that some very independent patients do better in long term rehab without family present. Well, that's certainly Tiff! Even as I am writing this, she sits in her wheel chair shaving her legs with a pan of water with legs on the banister. She picked each leg up and placed them there alone! (She still has little control from the knees down.) She has a strong group of friends surrounding her here who assure me they will take care of her and put her on the plane for rehab. That means we will be home this weekend.
We plan to come in quietly, wash clothes for a day and go to Miami to have Christmas with our little granddaughter Lucia, her Mom Tarah and Dad Scott! We missed her first Christmas, so now we will have it! We will leave there and head toward the CFN meetings at San Destin. I will preach for Jack Hollis on the way on Sunday, Jan. 17. That will be my launch back into public ministry and I will resume my schedule from that point.
Contingent upon where Tiffany goes for rehab and how long she is there, we may make a trip to see her in a couple of months.
I am deeply humbled and grateful for all the love, concern, gifts and prayers of faith extended to our family during this journey to date. It is my prayer that I may be a better servant to the Lord and others because of this experience. May the Lord bless you greatly for your rich generosity and your true Christian love.


Many Blessings!

L. A.

8 comments:

Marie Woodard said...

Thank you for the update on Tiffany. All of you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Marie Woodard

Amy said...

Thanks so much for the update as mom keeps asking about her. I'm glad she is home. I know that makes her happy.
Amy Harris Conner

Bryan said...

We're so glad to hear that Tiffany is home. Thanks for the updates. Still praying!

Dennis Woods said...

Thanks for the great news on Tiff!!
We are praising God!!

jehovah productions said...

Dear L.A., Teresa and Tiffany. Joan and I are sitting on our front porch, gazing at the freshly powdered snow on our hills. The moonlight casting the shadows of trees across the white canvas. Across the way we can see the snowbird mtns, also glistening as to say all is well..all is well. Of course we are sipping on hot fresh coffee. Ok L.A. just kidding with you.You really could write a novel. But we are not kidding about the happiness we feel with you. We are all one. When one is sad all are sad. When one rejoices we all rejoice. Thank you for allowing so many to take this journey with you. Still believing for the right rehab and for you and Teresa to have that quietness you deserve when back at home in your own home and bed. We will be signing off for now..until we meet again...Come soon Lord Jesus.

Rachel said...

Very good news! Have a safe trip home.

Shane, Carla, and Joshua Barber said...

We appreciate the updates and know that prayers have been lifted from the big city of Manor. After having Joshua, Carla and I have learned a little about what it means to love a child of your own. We'll keep reading the updates and will continue standing with you.

Ruth said...

Dear LA and Teresa,
It doesn't seem that long ago I babysat for Tiffany. That Teresa and I went to one of her workouts together or that New Covenant was being built. Please know all of you have been on my heart and prayers. I pray that the Tiffany you knew would become the stronger Tiffany He sees and loves. I am so glad Rebekah sent me how to reach your blog. Blessings. Ruth (Fatherly/Johns)Hamilton from Idaho

 test blog