Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Converting Pessimism
As believers, and especially if you are a part of a leadership team, we tend to be an optimistic bunch. If not by nature, we learn it out of survival. You cannot last long in leadership if you are not basically a positive person. Yes, you have to deal with a lot of negative situations but therein lies the evidence that you are optimistic. If you have been in a leadership role for over 10 years and still standing, you are pretty optimistic. Otherwise, you wouldn't still be here!
Now, let me challenge you to look around you, determine your area of responsibility and make a quality decision to teach those around you to be optimistic as well. Right now the world and much of the church is screaming "the sky is falling"! Negativity is the present state of the world. The great disaster here is that this type of atmosphere reproduces itself manifold. How do you teach those around you to be optimistic? You do it first by living in the realm of faith. Faith is the most positive force on earth. As Christians we should be moving in and extending faith everywhere and in every situation.
There is an old much used slogan that says, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going". We can turn around any situation through faith and the activity of faith. The atmosphere of faith is never pessimistic. Faith always sees a way out. Faith always sees improvement. Faith always sees the hand of God intervening in every negative situation. It's not a matter of if God will turn things around, it's just a matter of when.
Today, let one of your main goals be to change the atmosphere around you and start training others to be faith filled people. Go ahead and put it on your calendar for the next week as a reminder and email me after you finish the week and let me hear how things have changed for you.

4 comments:

Eddie Taylor said...

Another great challenge!
Thanks!

Robert said...

Excellent message. I heard another leader say recently that he has noticed a trend. Many key leaders in business that have become cynical are losing their positions. God is moving among those who can still get in awe of what He is doing.

Michael Hutcheson said...

Good word pastor! We have been given the task of sharing the GOOD news of the Kingdom. The most positive message ever!!!

jehovah productions said...

Dear Papa, Thanks for the Word. Yes, we are to be people of faith, especially in the times that we live in. Basically it will get us through. I must admit that I almost feel ashamed responding to this particular blog. I feel that your message and followers are light years ahead of me.
Let me try to explain. I do continue to exercise faith with everything that comes my way, but here lately the confessions of what God has said seems to drop to the ground with little substance. I know the answer to why. The answer falls squarely on my shoulder.My Love walk is suffering. (Oh God please don't let me be one of those whose love grows cold in the end times!) I call this walk many things such as abiding; being led by the Spirit; obedience and REST. I find myself here lately struggling to enter that beautiful place of REST and oneness with my God. I go in and out of it. Mainly becuase of the great struggle we are all going through right now with our flesh, circumstances and the cares of the world. So, once again I say praise God that you have reminded me that the just live by faith and I must continue. I DO KNOW ONE THING, WHEN MY LOVE WALK (ONENESS, AND REST IN GOD) IS OPERATING PROPERLY THEN FAITH IS NATURAL AND POWERFUL. Give Teresa a hug for me and Joan...thanks again. Love you and miss you...Kenny G.

 test blog