Thursday, May 20, 2010

A New Power for a New Hour
I have been ministering here in Saginaw, Michigan for 6 days now. It has been a very busy schedule but so refreshing. Not only has it been refreshing to leave the 90 degree temps of North Florida and South Georgia to get back into early Spring temps here, but the spiritual atmosphere has been invigorating.

Pastor Ken Cline has been the Senior Pastor of the church for about 2 years now and he has done a great job taking an older church and slowly moving it toward a new era of equipping for mission. Much training has been going on and my coming here was to speak/teach/preach at their weekend seminar called, "Equip 2010". I am embarrassed to say that after teaching for 3 hours on Saturday to leaders, I was caught off guard Sunday morning when a spiritual eruption occured. There has been a lot of change going on here the last year and not all has been fun for the church. Any time there is a transition there is reaction! They certainly haven't been exempt. However, they have taken the high road and remained on point in pursing the calling of the Lord upon them. Rather than becoming enbroiled in trying to defend themselves they have chosen rather to continue to train and focus on the future. The result has been a new influx of young adults who are hungry to know Jesus in a greater way and they want to be used by Him. That is precisely why we saw this outpouring of the Holy Spirit this past Sunday morning, Sunday evening and again in this midweek service on Wednesday. I can't stress this enough, this Pastor prepared the way and then opened the door for the Holy Spirit to come and do whatever He wanted to do. That takes a lot of courage. I applaud Pastor Ken.

I came to this conference with plans and outlines to teach, teach, teach. I did that for a number of hours. Then, when I was so positively affected beginning on Sunday morning by the spontaneous worship of the people, I heard the Lord say, "put up your outline and follow me"! "Yikes, where are we going"? Many were Baptized in the Holy Spirit just like in the book of Acts. Again on Wednesday night, many more experienced the same empowering. That opened the door for a number of older Christians to be drawn in to experience the same wonderful time in the presence of the Lord with many more being renewed and refreshed by His Presence! Then, without any coersion, little children were right in the middle of it all experiencing the Holy Spirit.

When I returned to my room I was basking in the overflow of these meetings and I realized that this was the icing on the cake of equipping. Yes, they needed to be trained but training is not the end of equipping. The Holy Spirit empowering was the most important of all. While I was there seeking to be used to help equip the saints for the work of the ministry, did the Holy Spirit do or say anything to me? Oh yes! He told me to bring a new Pentecost to a new generation. If we don't equip this new generation by exposing them to the truth of Pentecost we will be back where many of us started in the late 1960's and 70's with nice sweet churches without the Power of God to set the captives free. Then the Holy Spirit will raise up a new group who is not ashamed of the Full Gospel. It is time for A NEW POWER FOR A NEW HOUR!

3 comments:

kennyg said...

HEY PAPA AND MOMMA, SO GLORIOUS TO HEAR THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS MOVING. SO REFRESHING TO HEAR THAT THE PEOPLE ARE THIRSTY AND ARE BEING FILLED. SO HAPPY TO KNOW MY PAPA WAS THERE TO BE REFRESHED HIMSELF. YES, THE WORLD MAY BE UPSIDE DOWN, BUT GOD IS GOING TO COME LIKE A FLOOD TO SHOW THAT HE IS INDEED GOD AND THE WHOLE EARTH WILL BE FILLED WITH HIS GLORY. SUCH WONDERFUL TIMES WE LIVE IN. THANK YOU JESUS THAT TIFFANY WAS OPERATED ON BY THE GREAT PHYSICIAN HIMSELF AND SHE IS DOING WELL. WE MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU VERY MUCH. KEN AND JOAN G.

ericwayneco said...

L.A. Joiner, I live in Saginaw, MI. I recently became COGIC (since coming back to Christ) after growing up in a Baptist Church; so speaking in tounges and the Holy Ghost is news to me but I believe and I want it. I came across your sermon, "Baptism in the Holy Spirit (5/16)" on New Lifes website (one of my friends attend the church so I was just checking out the site during my free time). It must have been God who directed me there because your sermon really impacted me. Like the young pastor whom you mentioned; I too figured I'd wait on the Lord to give me the Spirit. Also, like you, I want it to be God driven and not myself. Thank you for your encouraging words and wisdom. I wish I couldve met you while you where here. God bless you! PS- I'll let you know when the Spirit fills me. Ericwayneco@yahoo.com

ROBERTNAS said...

Good day,
What is the scriptural ref regarding if you don't speak in tounges in over 30 days, you are backsliden? I heard this in one of Pastor L.A. sermons and can't find scripture to support it.

 test blog