Thursday, May 22, 2008

Anointed to Serve

This past Mother's Day I was sitting in the pew listening to Pastor Randy Stephen deliver a wonderful word of encouragement to Mothers. I glanced on the Order of Service and noticed that I was to pray the closing prayer over the Mothers. I had been traveling a great deal and word hadn't reached me about the prayer. I prayed a brief prayer, as is my custom, asking the Lord what he wanted me to pray. Instantaneously I heard, "pray for the anointing to be a Mother"! Wow, an anoiting to be a Mother! I had never thought of it. As I sat there, (yes, I was listening to the sermon)it all became very clear. If Motherhood is the most important job in the world, and if "the hand that rocks the cradle, rules the world", there needs to be the anointing of the Holy Spirit upon Mothers.

I remembered the command of Jesus that basically told his disciples to tarry in Jerusalem until they were clothed with the power of the Holy Spirit before embarking on a journey of ministry in his name. Jesus was telling his disciples not to go out preaching and saying they were representing his ministry unless they were empowered with the same anointing with which he was anointed.

If there was ever an hour we needed the power of the Holy Spirit in our ministries, it is today. Let's press in again in a fresh way for a fresh touch of the Holy Spirit anointing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pastor LA,
I was encouraged by your “Anointed to Serve” blog post. Because I too remember reading about how Jesus told his disciples to “tarry” in Jerusalem… (Luke 24:49) And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
Furthermore, I believe that Jesus was sending a message to His New Testament Church. From this example, all of us who are members of the New Testament Church should be able to understand the importance of walking in the Power of the Holy Spirit”…. (Acts 1:8) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
However having only a form of godliness & denying the power of the Holy Spirit is a major consequence to all of us who lack this understanding … (2Timothy 3: 5) Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
So this is why I was encouraged by your “Anointed to Serve” blog post. I’m in total agreement with you about our requirement to be empowered with the same anointing inwhich Jesus was anointed with. Furthermore, this is the example that Jesus has already exemplified for us. We must remember that Jesus didn’t begin His ministry until we saw Him anointed with power from on high… (Matthew 3:16-17) And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Also this is where I believe that I am in my personal walk with God. Therefore I continue to press on with what I feel in my heart that God is calling me to do in my life on a personal level (like finishing my 2nd degree in education). When the season that God has ordained for me to walk in the ministry that He has for me, I truly believe that His empowerment from the Holy Spirit will move upon me to do so. For example when Jesus called his twelve disciples they immediately dropped what they were doing and went with Jesus….(Matthew 4: 8-20) And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into t sea: for they were fishers. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.
I believe that the Holy Spirit moved upon the disciples in a way in which they knew what they had to do. Similarly, as we patiently wait upon the Lord I believe that the Holy Spirit will move upon us to empower & to instruct us on what to do.. (Isaiah 40:31) But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
On the other hand, until God tells me to move I’ll just tarry & wait. Tarrying is a hard thing for me to do sometimes, but I have also been encouraged by you in reference to this matter by the prophesy that God gave you for me. Among other important issues mentioned, I remember when you said that “God has me in a very important period of preparation, and if I were to try & move in ministry before my season that I would just fall like many others have!!!”
Your brother in Christ Wiliam

 test blog