Thursday, May 29, 2008

Look His Way!

By now you know that I have a wonderful little grandaughter by the name of Lucia! If not you can see her at her very own website: http://www.babycrabb.com/. Now that I'm through with the commercial, I'll move on to the thought of this blog posting. We have webcams so we can visit with HER and the couple that feeds her and cares for her. (Yes, my daughter Tarah and son in law Scott.)

When they get her all ready for our video visit, they call and say, "get ready, we are about to turn on the camera". Teresa and I are crowded around the computer. We are breathing heavy and our hearts are filled with anticipation. Then, "click", there she is in all her glory. We stare at her from head to toe. We look at every little finger. We check out her little perfectly formed head and see if more hair has appeared on it. We say over the microphone, "hold her closer so we can see better"! "I believe she's looking at us. Is she Scott, is she looking at us"? At that moment there is nothing on this planet that is more important than experiencing Lucia. Right about now it hits me. That is exactly how the Father in heaven feels about you and me. Every day, he feels that same kind of excitement. He looks at every part of our life, not with judgment but with the joy of a Father. The thing that stirs his heart more than anything is when he sees you and me looking back at him with love and adoration. Look His Way today!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

As I read your “Look His Way” Blog post, your love for your grandchild reminded me of God’s Love for us. For example you said… “At that moment there is nothing on this planet that is more important than experiencing Lucia. Right about now it hits me. That is exactly how the Father in heaven feels about you and me.”
Pastor L.A……I believe that God has “INTELLIGENTLY DESIGNED” all of creation to “mimic” His perfect will in heaven (If a may change topics for a second…in the future as a teacher, I believe that God will use me to promote/teach the THEORY OF INTELLIGENT DESIGN in our school system. Furthermore, I believe that this theory should be taught in all for our schools cross our nation. Also this is being heavily debated right now with “Darwinist and other ungodly individuals” on one side trying to keep any implications of God out of our schools!!! Furthermore, they are so eager to sight the “separation between church & state” but this theory doesn’t directly mention God’s name. Instead this theory states that there has to be a “HIGHER INTELLIGENT BEING” that has created all of creation based upon the scientific complexity of life!!! Moreover, this should be a very important issue for the “Universal Church”. However the “Remnant” of the Church that is present within our nation doest seem to care!!! Doesn’t the Bible command us to “train a child in the way they should go?”….getting back to my blog response).
In principle, the Love that you have for your granddaughter (and the Love that we all are commanded to walk in) is an example of the Love that God has had for us before the beginning of time. This basic concept of God’s Love in principle was described by Paul in the book of Hebrews…
(Hebrews 12:2) Looking unto Jesus the author & finisher of our faith; who for the JOY THAT WAS SET BEFORE HIM (we-THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH) endured the cross… (Just like you believe that “nothing on this planet is more important than experiencing Lucia.” Paul said that Jesus believed that nothing was more important than experiencing THE CROSS…) despising the shame, & is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Pastor LA I also agree with you that everyday God feels the same kind Of Love & excitement for all of us (for sinners… through, His abundant grace, & for His New Testament Church through the BLOOD OF JESUS).
Love your brother in Jesus Christ William Lockhart

MaryWellsBrown said...

This is the opening sentence to my first blog entry:

"I knew I was really behind the culture curve when I discovered today that Pastor L.A. Joiner had a blog and I didn't."

:)

Thanks for the inspiration...

Blessings!

Mary Wells

 test blog