Monday, January 11, 2010

Not a spurt but a flow!


Productivity is a powerful thing. It is not accomplished by created ideas or bursts of energy alone. Productivity comes with longevity. As Christians, we have within us this living water, this well that is springing up into eternal life as the Scripture says. A part of this power within us is manifested in seasons of great impulses or creative times of ideas flooding us. The difference between a Christian who is successful and one who is not is stewardship. Both have the same Holy Spirit within them. Certainly, some are more gifted than others. However, don't forget, all are gifted. More often than not, it is the person with the lessor gifting who accomplishes more than the more highly gifted person. What is the reason? There could be a number of reasons but one primary reason is again, stewardship. What are you doing with what the Lord does bring to you.


I can remember going to bed and having this wonderful creative thought come to me. Ididn't want to take a chance at interrupting my sleep so I would pray, Lord please bring that back to me in the morning. As morning came, I couldn't remember the idea. Then it occurred to me that ideas are the most valuable things in the world. Everything started with an idea which was the doorway to another idea. My unwillingness to capture the idea was a kind of neglect of God and his speaking to me. What if the great inventors had disregarded their ideas. Einstein, Bell, Edison all listened, captured and developed the ideas that came out of their gifting. They were good stewards over what God gave them. I finally learned the value of being a better steward over the creative flows from God to me. I learned to be prepared with a note by the bed or a recorder in the car to capture what the Lord was revealing to and through my gifts.


It is the beginning days of a new year. Let's make a decision to get prepared to capture these creative impulses that the Lord brings. Then, let's enter the door of creativity and follow the idea to a place of longevity and productivity.

No comments:

 test blog