Monday, December 20, 2010

God Keeps Good Records

Psalms 37:1-5 (NKJV)
1 A Psalm of David. Do not fret because of evildoers, Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, And wither as the green herb.
3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.

Here and in other places the Scripture promises that faithfulness and endurance brings the blessings of God. There are times when there is a great temptation to look at the wicked and wonder, "why are they so blessed and I seem to struggle?" Later in this chapter King David writes,Psalms 37:25 (NKJV)
25 I have been young, and now am old; Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, Nor his descendants begging bread. God will never forsake the righteous. Yet, some falter during the waiting period and never see the fulfillment of the promises of God. I don't consider myself old yet, but I have served God long enough to see that while I was questioning at times, God was always keeping good records. I am so grateful that he strengthened me to never stop following him or pursuing his call upon my life. Even during times when he required great sacrifice I now see that it was not a sacrifice at all but an investment in the Kingdom of God.

Take heart today and get back in the game. Reinvest your heart into the things of God. Don't stop giving your best to God. He is seeing your sacrifice as an investment and you will see the return. Mark 10:29-31 (KJV)
29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

1 comment:

jehovah productions said...

Dear Papa,Thank you for the encouraging words. Living Words. Faithful Words !! I will write these down, along with others. Bread which will sustain us in the days ahead. Give Teresa a big hug and may you have the most awesome Christmas ever !! Or should I say "Birthday Celebration." Love Forever...your fellow servants in Christ, Joan and Kenny G.

 test blog